It is important to take care of your candles so you get the most out of them. By following the tips below, you will have an amazing smelling candle that will burn for hours.
- Soy has a memory. The way you burn you burn it will affect future burns. On the first burn, allow your candle enough time to form a FULL melt pool before you blow it out (3-4 hours) This ensures the longevity of the candle, avoids tunnelling + will determine the rest of the candles burn life.
- Never burn more than 4 hours at a time
- Keep away from drafts, children, and pets. Never leave unattended
- Always trim the wick to 1/8 inch prior to lighting by breaking off the top bits of charred wick with your fingers or use wick trimmers before re-lighting
- Always burn your candle on a heat resistant surface
- Stop burning when 1/2 inch of wax is left in the jar
- Keep out of direct sunlight to prevent yellowing and sweating
Patience is key with wooden wicks. Essentially your candle is a mini fireplace so enjoy the moment and take care of your little flame to get the most out of your candle.